I'm in love with this caddy! I liked the vintage fabric Anna Maria used, but I don't have a stash of authentic 1930's prints, so I used charm squares from the Hopscotch, Hello Betty, Snippets, and Wonderland collections.
Anna Maria herself said it is a bugger to make and it kind of was. I was meticulous about tracing the pattern pieces, cutting and sewing, but when I got ready to attach the outside to the inside, it didn't fit. There was about 4" difference in the circumference of the outside ball and the interior tube. I found in the Seams to Me discussion on flickr that I'm not the only one who noticed.
So, I re-drafted the interior pattern pieces to fit the outside I made and it fit together beautifully. My only issue is that after I carefully selected where I wanted the fabrics to go, I sewed the outside on upside down! The fabrics I wanted on the top are hidden on the bottom. I was too far into it when I realized what I had done, so this one will have to remain as is. Maybe I'll make another one later. Now that I have the measurements figured out, I think the next one will go together very quickly.