a portion of the quilt top
I didn't have a single piece of batting large enough for this quilt on hand, so I decided to splice and piece two left-over pieces. It's my first time to piece batting, so I hope it holds together after washing. I opted for the curvy cut with machine zig-zag stitching.
I was terribly disappointed to learn the hard way that Warm and Natural is not 100% cotton as I was lead to believe by the packaging. I pressed/steamed the spliced seam after I finished sewing it and the batting melted on to the soleplate of my new iron. But, it's there, on the back of the package, in very, very tiny print: Polypropylene 12.5%. I think I'll stick with the 50% Cotton/ 50% Bamboo batting in the future. It's got a wonderful hand after washing.
I just need to assemble to sandwich and get busy with quilting; I've only got two full weekdays left until she's out of school for the holiday. I may have to use my 505 Spray and Fix Adhesive on this one since all 200+ of my quilters safety pins are on the scrappy log cabin sandwich waiting to be quilted!